Emo House Gardens
Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magnificent example of the neo - classical style.
During the middle of this century it was owned by the Jesuits, it was then acquired and extensively restored by Mr. Cholmeley - Harrison in the 1960’s.
The house is surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland which were first laid out in the 18th century and contain formal lawns, a lake and woodland walks with many very fine trees and shrubs. The house and gardens were taken into state ownership in 1994.
- Approx Distance from Tullamore Court Hotel: 30mins drive
Book Accomodation HERE