At the Tullamore Court Hotel,
A well established Hotel based in the Midlands is seeking to appoint an Accounts Assistant, reporting to the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of duties in contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Department.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
This is an excellent opportunity for a part qualified accountant/ accounts technician to develop and build on their technical skills within a busy finance function.
- Comparing purchase invoices to purchase orders and to delivery dockets and querying variations with the relevant supplier / member of staff.
- Posting all purchase invoices to Tas Books as they are received on a daily basis.
- Comparing supplier statements to creditor’s ledger and querying and unreconciled items.
- Preparation of Weekly creditor payments.
- Dealing with suppliers account queries.
- To carry out monthly stock take on the 1st of each month for bar beverage and wine.
- Complete the stock listings and calculate the Gross Profit %’s once the weekly and month end stocktake is complete.
- To track stock movements and report any variations between stock movements and stock counts on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To report the variance between income recognised on a weekly monthly basis (Per Micros) and potential income on a weekly and monthly basis based stock movements
- To prepare up to date bank reconciliations on a daily basis
- To prepare up to date credit card reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Ensure all credit card transactions are lodged to our bank account
- Preparation of weekly wage forecasts
- Preparation of adhoc reports as directed by the Financial Controller
- Assist Financial Controller with preparation of Month end accounts.
- Part Qualified Accountant/ Accountants Technician with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry a distinct advantage but not a requirement.
- Accounts software knowledge, Tas Books a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Self starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT Skills
To apply please forward on your CV to Angela at HR@tullamorecourthotel.ie